While the summers are hot and sometimes uncomfortable in Palm Springs, the fall months are absolutely perfect. As the temperatures cool down a little bit, and life begins to reappear in this desert oasis. October brings with it plenty of festivals and events to enjoy, and the perfect temperatures for an afternoon swim or hike through Palm Springs’ desert landscapes. Above all else, fall is the perfect time to stay at the Historic Willows Palm Springs Hotel, a secluded and opulent desert paradise. We re-open for the season in late September, but now is the best time to plan for your fall getaways to Palm Springs. Book a room at the Willows today.
Things to Do This Fall in Palm Springs
Fall is one of the best times of year to visit Palm Springs. Temperatures outside are warm, but still moderate enough to enjoy hiking and being outside. Moreover, the fall in Palm Springs is considerably less crowded, as the peak travel season is from January – April. Aside from relaxing poolside in the lush, terraced gardens of the Willows boutique hotel, there are more than enough things to do this fall in Palm Springs. One of the biggest draws of fall is Modernism Fall Preview Week, which previews the annual showcase of midcentury modern architecture and design each February. The fall preview takes place from October 9 – 12, 2019. Beyond that, here are our favorite ways to make the most of Palm Springs this fall:
- Hike to the Tahquitz Canyon Falls. The 2-mile trail is well-maintained and relatively easy. The reward is the exceptionally beautiful 50-foot waterfall at the end of the trail. It plunges over a rock wall into a deep and inviting pool, which is a nice way to cool off on a hot day.
- Visit Joshua Tree National Park. This is always a must-do activity when you visit Palm Springs, but it’s particularly nice during these quieter fall months when the crowds are thinner, making the parks and trails here much more enjoyable.
- Ride the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway to cooler weather at the top of San Jacinto Peak. It’s extraordinary beautiful up there, and there are miles of great hiking trails to enjoy.
- Admire the works of art on display at the Palm Springs Art Museum.
- Go shopping in downtown Palm Springs, and enjoy browsing the many art galleries and furniture design shops.
- Dine at Palm Springs’ best restaurants, with far less competition for reservations.
- Take a stargazing tour, under the vast, dark skies of the Palm Desert, or so to new heights in the skies above Palm Springs on a hot air balloon ride.
This fall, relax in the secluded glamour of The Willows Old Hollywood history and discover the breathtakingly beautiful landscapes of Palm Springs from this lushly landscaped desert oasis. It’s more than a hotel stay; it’s an exclusive and private hideaway with modern comforts and amenities. The Historic Willows Palm Springs Inn is luxury redefined. Book a room today.