As we bear down on Spring, things in Palm Springs are starting to heat up. This is a busy time of year, with guests seeking desert warmth and relaxation. At the Willows Historic Palm Springs Inn, you’ll find a true desert hideaway; a tranquil and secluded paradise set amidst lush gardens and breathtaking desert scenery. With only 8 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, you’ll find the intimacy you crave at our boutique Inn. All the while, you’ll only be minutes from the bustling heart of downtown Palm Springs, with its incredible range of attractions and things to do. There are only a few more months left in the season to take advantage of time away at our luxury Inn. Book a room at the Willows Historic Palm Springs Inn today.
These are the Top 10 Things to Do in Palm Springs
Palm Springs is a destination known for its desert beauty, hot springs, golf courses, spas, and an air of sophistication. It’s truly a destination for everyone, with a variety of attractions and things to do for those who want to stay busy, and plenty of places to relax for those who don’t. Here are 10 of the best Things to Do the next time you visit the Willows Historic Inn in Palm Springs:
- Take a 10-minute ride to the top of San Jacinto Peak on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, where you’ll enjoy the best views of the Coachella Valley sprawling below you. There are also a variety of hiking trails, and much cooler weather and great dining options, to be enjoyed at the top.
- Go hiking or horseback riding through Indian Canyons, which are just 6 miles south of Palm Springs. The Indian Canyons, consisting of Palm Canyon, Murray Canyon and Andreas Canyon, are part of the Agua Caliente Native Tribal lands, and offer a variety of hiking trails and breathtaking desert scenery. In Tahquitz Canyon, where you’ll find a rare and beautifully maintained 50-foot waterfall right in the middle of desert landscape.
- Tour the Living Desert Zoo & Gardens, which houses a variety of animals and over 1,400 species of plants.
- Visit the Moorten Botanical Garden is another interesting stop, packed with a variety of cacti and other desert plants.
- Visit the Palm Springs Art Museum, which houses a beautiful collection of contemporary paintings, sculpture and art glass. Exhibitions often focus on the cultures and themes of the desert, which include topics like Modernism, Native Americans and the American West.
- Visit the Palm Springs Air Museum, which showcases primarily World War II as well as Korea- and Vietnam-era combat aircraft.
- Go Shopping along Palm Canyon Drive. Here, you’ll enjoy a variety of stylish art galleries, antique, and furniture showrooms, many of which cater to the popular modernism aesthetic popular in the Palm Desert.
- Day Trip to Joshua Tree National Park, a unique oasis at the center of the desert that must be seen at least once in your lifetime. There are a variety of hikes and scenic stops you can make along your journey, depending on how much time and energy you’re willing to invest here.
- Tour Sunnylands, the popular winter retreat for the wealthy Annenberg family. You can tour the mansion and enjoy 12 acres of public gardens. Tours often sell out months in advance.
- Stay in and relax poolside at the Willows Historic Palm Springs Inn. Though there are plenty of reasons to venture beyond our peaceful walls, there’s really no need. Here, you’ll enjoy the tranquility, lush gardens, panoramic desert views, and impeccable hospitality and concierge service.
If rest and relaxation is the reason you’ve come to Palm Springs, you’re in the right place. No matter what you choose to do during your time in Palm Springs, the luxurious guest rooms of the Willows Boutique Hotel will serve as your own private desert oasis. One night here, and you’ll see why guests return to Palm Springs year after year. Book your room at the Willows Historic Palm Springs Inn today.