There are a number of Palm Springs events held throughout the year, many of which draw tens of thousands of people into the desert. We’re in the swing of the busy season now in Palm Springs, meaning it’s an excellent time to plan ahead for any Palm Springs events this spring, and even into the fall and winter.
When your adventures bring you to Palm Springs, there’s only one 5-star boutique hotel worth considering for lodging, and that is the luxury Willows Inn Palm Springs Hotel. Nowhere else will you find such a depth of history, complete with modern conveniences, luxurious appointments, and inescapable peace and tranquility. The Willows Boutique Hotel is like no other. Book a room today.
15 Great Palm Springs Events to Come in 2020
The greater Palm Springs area has turned into a veritable mecca for events and entertainment. It ranges from nightly live entertainment at local venues, to huge events that draw in thousands, and even tens of thousands, and people to the area. The Palm Desert is host to great events like Coachella and Stagecoach, Modernism Week, and the Palm Springs International Film Festival, and so much more.
Here is a great guide to the biggest Palm Springs Events coming up in 2020. Start clearing your calendars!
- Jacqueline Cochran Air Show is the perfect event for aviation enthusiasts, with dive maneuvers and aerobatic stunt pilots delighting crowds of all ages.
- Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival, held May 7 – 10, 2020, is entering its 20th year this year.
- Annual Memorial Day Flower Drop & Air Fare, May 25, 2020, is a wonderful celebration at the Palm Springs Air Museum. It features a fly-by, and a drop of over 3,000 red and white carnations from a B-25 Mitchell bomber. If you’ve never seen this extraordinary act of patriotism, 2020 is your year.
- Greater Palm Springs Restaurant Week, slated for May 29 – June 7, is the perfect opportunity to sample a variety of the Best Palm Springs restaurants!
- If you love film, plan on attending the Palm Springs International ShortFest. It’s currently slated to take place from June 16 – 22. Passes should go on sale on May 1.
- Fall Joshua Tree Music Festival is still planned for October 8 -11, 2020. Presale tickets are currently on sale. After their spring festival getting canceled, we expect the fall music festival to be extraordinary.
- Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival has been rescheduled from spring to this fall, now taking place on October 9 – 18, 2020. Tickets are currently sold out, but given the event has been rescheduled, you might want to get on the waitlist in case of cancellations.
- Stagecoach Country Music Festival is scheduled for October 23 – 25, 2020. Passes are still on sale.
- Coachella Desert Circuit Horse Show, National Sunshine Series, which will take place from October 28 – Novemer 8, 2020.
- Beer lovers won’t want to miss the Props & Hops Craft Beer Festival, scheduled for November 21, 2020. There will be more than 25 craft breweries in attendance, along with aircraft rides, food trucks, and live music.
- The USA Pickleball Association National Championships will be held October 31 – November 8 in Indian Wells, located just outside of Palm Springs.
- The Ironman 70.3 Indian Wells La Quinta, one of the premier sporting events in the nation, will take place on December 6, 2020. This event is the grand finale of the North Ameican circuit.
Important Event Updates:
- LPGA ANA Inspiration Championship, normally held in April, has been postponed until the Fall of 2020.
- Indian Wells Arts Festival, also normally held in April, has been postponed until the Fall of 2020.
- The Spring Joshua Tree Music Festival, slated for May 14 – 17, 2020, has been canceled.
Stay at our Luxury Palm Springs Hotel For These Events
If you plan to attend any of these Palm Springs events, then you’ll need a comfortable place to stay. If a luxurious hideaway away from the busyness of downtown Palm Springs si what you’re looking for, then the Willows Historic Palm Springs Hotel is for you. We’re close enough to downtown Palm Springs for you to enjoy the best restaurants, museums, attractions, and events, but it will feel like you’re miles away, nestled in a hidden and private hideaway once reserve for Old Hollywood elite.
Don’t miss your chance to stay in this exceptional Palm Springs Bed and Breakfast. Book the Willows Inn Boutique Hotel today.