We are so lucky to have an abundance of fantastic restaurants in Palm Springs, many of which are within walking distance from our boutique hotel. While these past couple of years have hit the hospitality industry the hardest, these restaurants in Palm Springs found a way to continue making delicious meals with phenomenal service. They’ve pivoted, mastered to-go orders, and are now, thankfully, back to running at full capacity and welcoming guests inside for traditional dining.
Our location, minutes from the famous Palm Canyon Drive, puts us in the ideal place for exploring the diverse cuisines, farm-to-table experiences, modern spaces, or old Hollywood stalwarts. The culinary talent at these restaurants in Palm Springs is remarkable! After all, a trip to Palm Springs is all about relaxing and destressing, and enjoying a decadent meal with your partner or favorite friends is one of the best ways to unwind.
From the moment you arrive to our luxury Palm Springs Hotel, you’ll be completely taken aback by the beauty and opulence of our historic Inn and grounds. The romantic Mediterranean villa comprises the Mead and Bishop mansions, built initially as luxurious private homes—now these elegant designs serve as a haven of calm and rejuvenation in seventeen suites for a select group of visitors each September through May. Start planning your next Palm Springs getaway and book today!
The Best Restaurants in Palm Springs for Dining in 2022
It’s tough to parse through the restaurants in Palm Springs and know which ones are worth your time. Allow us to break down a list of some of the newcomers, classics, and must-visit places for dining in this beautiful desert town. Here are the top 10 restaurants in Palm Springs to check out this year:
- Le Vallauris: This critically acclaimed French restaurant—directly across the way from our Palm Springs Hotel—is one we recommend to all of our guests. We’ve been anxiously awaiting its reopening, which is finally set for February 1st. Head here for classic Parisian dishes with exquisite flavors and impecible service.
- Workshop Kitchen and Bar: This restaurant in Palm Springs was a uber-modern addition to the dining scene. In fact, the space has been so successful here, they’ll be opening an LA outpost soon. The clean, concrete design is a stark contrast to the farm-to-table comfort food.
- Boozehounds: Find a spot on the massive tropical patio space for creative cocktails, innovative dining, and a light-airy atmosphere. This restaurant is super dog-friendly, and it’s an excellent spot for people (and animal) watching over your Aperol spritz!
- Sandfish by Engin Onural: The Scandinavian decor works perfectly with the hand-crafted sushi and whiskey pairings at this Japanese restaurant in Palm Springs. This is a great choice for a lighter meal out or to bring back to enjoy in the privacy of your own suite.
- Birba Palm Springs: If you are craving carbs, head to this casual yet elegant Italian restaurant for thin-crust pies, bright salads, and fresh pasta dishes.
- Bar Cecil: In honor of Cecil Beaton, the famed-fashion photographer, this bar and restaurant in Palm Springs serves the finer things for a fancy dinner, but not without a sense of humor. Start with the fifty-dollar martini—perfectly shaken vodka vermouth with a side of deviled egg topped with caviar.
- Copely’s: Part of the former Carey Grant estate, this space offers a sense of nostalgia, but with a modern take on American cuisine. This is one of the more popular restaurants in Palms Springs for a romantic date night with stunning views of the mountains.
- Farm: This traditional Provance-style farm-to-table restaurant is just a few minutes away from our boutique hotel. This traditional Provance-style farm-to-table restaurant serves up French-cafe vibes and dishes. The patio is particularly charming, surrounded by climbing flowering vines.
- The Tropicale: If you’re in the mood for a wild night out on the town, this neon-lit, retro eatery calls back to the party days of yore. Cool spot for happy hour on the patio!
- Las Casuelas Terraza: Known as one of the best Mexican restaurants in Palm Springs, this longtime favorite (since 1958) is ideal for groups on the large outdoor patio. Great for festive gatherings and strong margaritas.
Relax and Reset at our Luxury Palm Springs Hotel
You’ll find plenty of outdoor space to relax at our Palm Springs Hotel. Comfortable seating areas overlook the beautiful vistas of Taquitz Canyon and the Coachella Valley. Our terrace is next to the fifty-foot waterfall and tropical gardens. Find shade under the palms at Albert Einstein’s favorite bench, where he used to sit and gaze at the view. After a lovely dinner out at one of these restaurants in Palm Springs, retreat to your quiet suite for the most comfortable night in.
Join us this year at the Willows in Palm Springs! Book your stay today.